Working With Substance Misusers: A Guide To Theory And Practice
Working with Substance Misusers is a practical handbook for students and those who work with people who misuse drugs or alcohol. Written by experienced teachers and clinicians, the book introduces:* the substances themselves* theories relevant to substance use and misuse* the skills necessary to work with this client group* the broad range of approaches to treatment* particular problems of specific groups.The reader is encouraged to read and reflect on the material in relation to their own practice. To help this process, each topic has an identified set of learning objectives. Activities designed to reinforce learning include discussion points, case studies, role plays and group exercises.Working with Substance Misusers makes clear the connection of theory to practice and encourages a skills-based, but reflective, approach to work in this complex field. Cutting across professional boundaries, it provides both new and more experienced practitioners with a key text.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780415235686
- ISBN: 0415235685
- Publication Year: 2002