With Vancouver In Inland Washington Waters: Journals Of 12 Crewmen, April?June 1792
Picking up the narrative from his earlier volume, The Early Exploration of Inland Washington Waters: Journals and Logs from Six Expeditions, 1786-1792, Richard Blumenthal once again offers the reader a fascinating, firsthand look at the Northwest's earliest maritime history. This volume reproduces twelve individual journals, each composed by one of George Vancouver's men as they explored the Washington area in 1792. Providing additional details of exploration in inland areas not previously described, it contains a record of Peter Puget's observations and explorations of Puget Sound and a detailed description of William Broughton's passage through San Juan Islands. These journals also provide detail regarding the day-to-day onboard activities of both officers and enlisted men. A brief biographical note is provided at the beginning of each man's journal.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: McFarland Publishing
- ISBN-13: 9780786426690
- ISBN: 0786426691
- Publication Year: 2007