Wisdom, Worship, And Poetry: Study Edition
This concise commentary, excerpted from the Fortress Commentary on the Bible: The Old Testament and Apocrypha, engages readers in the work of biblical interpretation. Contributors connect historical-critical analysis with sensitivity to current theological, cultural, and interpretive issues. introductory articles describe the challenges of reading the Old Testament in ancient and contemporary contexts, relating the biblical theme of the people of God" to our complex, multicultural world, and reading the Old Testament as Christian Scripture, followed by a survey of "Introduction to Wisdom and Worship: Themes and Perspectives in the Poetic Writings." Each chapter (Job through Song of Songs) includes an introduction and commentary on the text through the lenses of three critical questions: The Text in Its Ancient Context; The Text in the Interpretive Tradition; The Text in Contemporary Discussion. Wisdom, Worship, and Poetry introduces fresh perspectives and draws students, as well as preachers and interested readers, into the challenging work of interpretation.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Fortress Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781506415833
- ISBN: 1506415830
- Publication Year: 2016