William And Jean Hamilton Rodgers And Their Orphans: Including An Outline Of Their Descendants
William and Jean (Hamilton) Rodgers were a typical middle-class Scotch-Irish couple living in Rathmore, Antrim, Northern Ireland in 1728. They were enduring the depths of the so-called "mini-ice-age," the suppressive English Penal Laws against their Presbyterian religion, and the famine then in its third year. They joined 1000 of their friends and family who decided to leave for the brighter hopes of America. The Second Mass Migration of Ulster Presbyterians left Belfast harbor on at least 7 ships in June 1729 and arrived at New Castle, Delaware between August and October of that year. William and Jean and their son Hamilton were on one of those ships. In a short time Jean delivered son, Arthur, into the New World. Then both parents died. This is the story of that couple and those orphans, together with a listing of their descendants who would come to be born through their future; our history. This is the first volume of the story of The Descendants of William and Jean (Hamilton) Rodgers, covering the years before the American Revolution.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781507652619
- ISBN: 1507652615
- Publication Year: 2015