Wildflowers Of The Western Plains: A Field Guide
Stretching from western Texas and eastern New Mexico up through Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas, and into Canada, the vast western plains often appear sparse and dry to the casual observer. But a closer look, especially after spring rains, uncovers flowers of all colors, sizes, shapes, and fragrances. These forgotten flowers, never before the main focus of a field guide, come into bloom in Wildflowers of the Western Plains. Organized by plant family, the guide presents 186 species of wildflowers, accompanied by vivid color photographs. Each entry includes both the Latin and common names and a description of the plant, flower, fruit, and range. A special feature of the guide is the inclusion of Native American botanical folklore, legends pertaining to wildflowers, and medicinal uses of native plants. The author's personal observations and occasional recipes round out this delightful array of information.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB San Marcos
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Texas Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780292790629
- ISBN: 0292790627
- Publication Year: 1992
- Edition: 1