Weaving Strength, Weaving Power: Violence And Abuse Against Indigenous Women
Weaving Strength, Weaving Power advances an innovative culturally based empowerment framework for examining the phenomenon of violence and abuse against tribal women. Building on scholarship from American Indian Studies, Social Work, and Women's Studies, this book advances an interdisciplinary examination of multi-dimensional factors that have triggered structural disruption in First Nations. Chenault critiques worldviews and philosophies of oppression, as well as historical events that have usurped traditional cultural worldviews and practices and explores the impact of socio-political and historical conditions that contribute to social problems, such as violence against women. Using concepts of social justice, decolonization and strengths-based practice she weaves together a framework for engaging in research and practice that promotes social change and taking power back by examining the prevalence and incidence of violence among American Indian and Alaska Native college students.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Overland Park
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Carolina Academic Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781594605635
- ISBN: 1594605637
- Publication Year: 2011