Weaving Strength, Weaving Power: Violence And Abuse Against Indigenous Women
Weaving Strength, Weaving Power advances an innovative culturally based empowerment framework for examining the phenomenon of violence and abuse against tribal women. Building on scholarship from American Indian Studies, Social Work, and Women's Studies, this book advances an interdisciplinary examination of multi-dimensional factors that have triggered structural disruption in First Nations. Chenault critiques worldviews and philosophies of oppression, as well as historical events that have usurped traditional cultural worldviews and practices and explores the impact of socio-political and historical conditions that contribute to social problems, such as violence against women. Using concepts of social justice, decolonization and strengths-based practice she weaves together a framework for engaging in research and practice that promotes social change and taking power back by examining the prevalence and incidence of violence among American Indian and Alaska Native college students.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Kansas City
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Carolina Academic Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781594605635
- ISBN: 1594605637
- Publication Year: 2011