Jazz Ltd., Vol. 1
Starting in 1947 and continuing throughout the 1950s, Bill Reinhardt and his wife Ruth ran Jazz Ltd, a Chicago club that served as a haven for Dixieland. Reinhardt (a fine clarinetist) led the house band, a unit that invaribly left a spot open for guest artists. This Delmark CD features The Jazz Ltd. group on 13 selections with such all-stars as soprano great Sidney Bechet, cornetist Muggsy Spanier, trumpeter Doc Evans, trombonist Miff Mole and pianist Don Ewell; the disc is rounded off by an informative five-minute interview with the Reinhardt's from the 1960s. The freewheeling music is quite enjoyable; Dixieland fans are advised to pick up this exciting disc. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Delmark (Label)
- UPC: 038153022624