Vedanta: The Big Picture
This excellent book is based on talks by Swami Paramarthanada of Chennai, South India, disciple of Swami Dayananda Saraswati, one of India's pre-eminent teachers of traditional Vedanta, gives a straightforward outline of the essential teachings in clear modern English. It includes chapters on motivations, the means of self knowledge, society, meditation, devotion, the five personality layers, the Self, creation of the universe, the nature of liberation and karma. It is lovingly transcribed by one of the Swami's disciples and beautifully edited by Rory McKay. In keeping with ShiningWorld standards it is Sanskrit lite but retains essential terminology. It is recommended for beginning and intermediate students of Vedanta and the growing number of people who wish to teach Vedanta, as it provides the basic concepts with remarkable clarity.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781986849883
- ISBN: 1986849880
- Publication Year: 2018