Vanished: The Truth About The Disappearance Of Madeleine Mccann
On the evening of May 3, 2007, Gerry and Kate McCann returned to their resort apartment in Portugal's Algarve to every parents' worst nightmare?their daughter, three-year-old Madeleine Beth McCann had vanished from her room. Her disappearance sparked a worldwide manhunt. Poster campaigns, distraught pleas from the parents, and frenzied media coverage all ensued?but still Madeleine's whereabouts remain a mystery. Portuguese police initially commenced a search for Madeleine's abductor, but as the case dragged on the waters became muddied and controversy dogged the investigation?British police were called in, suspects entered and departed the frame, sightings of Madeleine were reported from around the world, accusations about the thoroughness and competency of the Portuguese police were made, and the McCanns were scrutinized in the full glare of the media spotlight?with the Portuguese police even declaring Gerry and Kate suspects.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: John Blake
- ISBN-13: 9781844546145
- ISBN: 1844546144
- Publication Year: 2008