United States Navy In The Pacific, 1909 1922
In this continuation of his study of the interrelationship of naval and diplomatic policies, Braisted picks up the story in 1909 with the inauguration of President Taft and ends with the Washington Arms Conference of 1921-1922. He pays close attention to the efforts of U.S. naval leaders to secure the East Asian possessions of the United States against possible Japanese attack by assuring the Navy's capacity to win and retain control of the western Pacific. And for the first time, Braisted discusses the extraordinary naval building contract between the Bethlehem Steel Company and China in 1911 that committed the U.S. Navy to train Chinese naval personnel. Finally, the Washington Conference is shown to have been a triumph for traditional American attitudes toward East Asia over the more ambitious aspirations of American naval leaders. This second volume in Braisted's groundbreaking study is now available again in paperback
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Sugar Land
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Naval Inst Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781591140887
- ISBN: 1591140889
- Publication Year: 2008
- Edition: Reprint