Xavier Cugat 1942 1946: Unheard Transcriptions & Air Shots
Xavier Cugat made a lot of records, and the people behind the Harlequin label seem to want the public to have access to all of them. Recorded between 1942 and 1944, these previously forgotten World transcriptions represent a stratum of Cugat's oeuvre that will serve as a welcome addition to any comprehensive Cugat collection. This entertaining compilation also offers two excerpts from a 1945 radio broadcast; track 25 is a six-minute medley culminating with the famous "One Two Three Kick" and track 26 features a vocal by "Cugie the Crooner." Altogether an interesting taste of wartime Cugat, recommended for those who are already familiar with the records he made during the 1930s, the late '40s, and throughout the 1950s. ~ arwulf arwulf, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Harlequin Records (UK)
- UPC: 008637203825