The mountainous region of Saudi Arabia's Asir is one of the wildest and most remote places on earth. The tribes here work the soil on intricately terraced farms in remote valleys. Their mud-brick houses are decorated with bright colours, their people adorned with flowered headdresses and elaborate jewellery. Over the years their idiosyncratic way of life has remained remarkably unchanged. Thierry Mauger has captured the beauty of this enigmatic region in words and stunning photographs. Undiscovered Asir is the first and, one must fear, perhaps the last glimpse of a vanishing way of life.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Casemate Pub & Book Dist Llc
- ISBN-13: 9780905743707
- ISBN: 0905743709
- Publication Year: 2001