The Ultimate Guide To Scottish Folk [10/30]
This two-disc collection from renowned world music label ARC Music covers a widespread swath of Scottish folk music that spans from traditional to Celtic fusion to more contemporary folk. Dipping as far back as Jimmy Shand's signature piece "The Bluebell Polka," The Ultimate Guide largely features more contemporary trad acts like Lau and Skipinnish, while tossing in a handful of artists to represent each decade back to the 1950s. Singer/songwriter greats like Archie Fisher and Dick Gaughan are here, as are folk-inspired hybrids like Cape Breton fiddler Ashley MacIsaac and electronic-leaning multi-instrumentalist Martyn Bennett. As with any collection of this type, there are some noticeable gaps and questionable selections, but overall it's an enjoyable set that showcases legends and newcomers alike. ~ Timothy Monger, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: ARC
- UPC: 5019396260627