Twilight Of The Celtic Gods: An Exploration Of Britain's Hidden Pagan Traditions
Twilight of the Celtic Gods is a fascinating account of Britain's surviving Celtic tradition. This ground-breaking book - based on the authors' combined research in the field - reveals for the first time clear evidence that many ancient traditions and customs are still kept alive today in the heart of twentieth-century Britain.Combining first-hand accounts with folklore, mythology and archeology, David Clarke and Andy Roberts have uncovered the last traces of a Celtic legacy which is in imminent danger of extinction. Their quest combines beliefs about the natural and supernatural worlds with the awesome forces locked in the landscape and in the mind. Illustrated throughout with colour and black and white photographs, line drawings and maps, this book is an important collection of the last remnants of our ancient past.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780713725223
- ISBN: 0713725222
- Publication Year: 1996