Twice In A While
Clarinetist Armin Von Der Heydt and some of the members of his Classic Jazz Ensemble were in Illinois in 1991 and had the opportunity to record this CD. Utilizing a few Americans (most notably cornetist Steve Jensen from the Memphis Nighthawks), the septet quite credibly performs classic jazz standards, including both versions of "Once in a While" (one from the 1920s, the other from the '30s), "I'd Do Anything for You," "That's a Plenty," and "Panama." The joyous ensembles, excellent solos, and enthusiastic playing make this a disc that is easily recommended to fans of Dixieland, New Orleans jazz, and early swing. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Delmark (Label)
- UPC: 038153022228