Translingual Words: An East Asian Lexical Encounter With English
Translingual Words is a detailed case study on lexical integration, or mediation, occurring between East Asian languages and English(es). In Part I, specific examples from global linguistic corpora are used to discuss the issues involved in lexical interaction between East Asia and the English-speaking world. Part II explores the spread of East Asian words in English, while Part III discusses English words which can be found in East Asian languages. Translingual Words presents a novel approach on hybrid words by challenging the orthodox ideas on lexical borrowing and explaining the dynamic growth of new words based on translingualism and transculturalism.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780815357629
- ISBN: 0815357621
- Publication Year: 2018