Traces Of Fukushima: Global Events, Networked Media And Circulating Emotions
This book explores the mediated aftermath and remembrance of the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster through three crucibles: time, space and emotion. Through an ambitious and innovative combination of theoretical and methodological approaches, the book discusses how meanings, emotions and interpretations of disruptive events such as the Fukushima Daiichi disaster circulate and change over time and space in the global, contemporary hybrid media environment. Through its six multi-method empirical case studies from Japanese local newspapers to commemorative Tweets, the volume addresses questions of memory, trauma, expertise and nuclear politics in relation to the three key concepts of the book. The findings of this book provide new insights on research of disruptive media events in the contemporary hybrid media environment.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Pivot
- ISBN-13: 9789811368639
- ISBN: 9811368635
- Publication Year: 2019