This Modern Age
Directed by Nick Grinde, Starring Nick Grinde, Hobart Bosworth, Albert Conti, Marcelle Corday, Joan Crawford, Adrienne D'Ambricourt, Emma Dunn, Ann Dvorak, Pauline Frederick, Neil Hamilton, Armand Kaliz, Monroe Owsley, Marjorie Rambeau, Sandra RavelWritten by Nick Grinde, Hobart Bosworth, Albert Conti, Marcelle Corday, Joan Crawford, Adrienne D'Ambricourt, Emma Dunn, Ann Dvorak, Pauline Frederick, Neil Hamilton, Armand Kaliz, Monroe Owsley, Marjorie Rambeau, Sandra Ravel
With a blonde wigged Joan Crawford offering one of her more high-handed performances, and veteran silent star Pauline Frederick doing her best to keep up, audiences are in for MGM soap-opera at its 1931 zenith. Reunited with her long-lost mother in Paris, Crawford fails to realize that the loving and dignified woman is actually kept by a Parisian rou? Albert Conti. Although she briefly falls in with a fast crowd, headed by the alcoholic Monroe Owsley, Crawford, a good girl at heart, falls in love with visiting Harvard graduate Neil Hamilton, and he with her. But Hamilton's stern, puritanical parents (Hobart Bosworth and Emma Dunn) frown upon Crawford's Parisian friends, who rudely spoil a dignified but deadly dull evening of superficial conversation and bridge. When a disgusted Hamilton informs his upcoming bride about her mother's true metier, Crawford is at first disbelieving and then huffily breaks the engagement. A penitent Frederick agrees to leave her life as a kept woman, but when she realizes that her daughter still carries a torch for the stuffy Hamilton, she pretends to willingly return to Conti. Denouncing her mother, Crawford goes on a tryst with Owsley, but is returned by Hamilton, who reunites her with the self-sacrificing Miss Frederick. Hans J. Wollstein, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 883316242360
- Region: Region [unknown]