There Will Be Lobster: Memoir Of A Midlife Crisis
You know her. You've seen her. You may even see yourself in her. If you're arriving to the midlife crisis party-the one that's serving low self-esteem, desperation, unreliable behavior, forgetfulness, carelessness, and the loneliness of loss-the stories and anecdotes in this memoir will assure you that you are not alone. For Sara Arnell, it took a rogue lobster, a dying rock star, an eighteen-pound tumor, a meditation guru, a famous medium, and a former monk to put her on a path toward light, hope, and healing. If reading this book helps even one person, according to Sara, then telling this story is all worth it. "Sara Arnell is the only writer I know who can make self-deprecation and wisdom look like the same thing. There Will Be Lobster is a darkly funny memoir with a big heart, and it's the exact comeback story we all need right now." -David Hollander, author of Anthropica and L.I.E. "This book is a deeply personal story that's not afraid to show you the crazy moments that we all have, but often don't admit to. Read this memoir if you want to learn how honesty, vulnerability, and sheer perseverance can help you step into your light and illuminate a new path-one that is happy, healthy, and full of hope." -Andre Leon Talley, author of New York Times bestseller The Chiffon Trenches and former Vogue editor-at-large
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Savio Republic
- ISBN-13: 9781642939262
- ISBN: 1642939269
- Publication Year: 2021