The War On Isis
By the early years of the 2000 decade, Americans as well as others in the West had become all-too-familiar with Islamist terrorism. The attacks of September 11, 2001, took the lives of nearly three thousand Americans who were killed when airliners hijacked by terrorists slammed into the World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, DC. The Islamist terrorist group al-Qaeda took responsibility for the attack. (Al-Qaeda is an Arabic word meaning "the base.") In fact, by early 2018, the US State Department identified no fewer than fifty separate organizations as Islamist terrorist groups. Certainly, these groups vary in size but their missions are strikingly similar: To bring down national governments and install in their places theocracies that would govern under the edicts of fundamentalist Islamic law-in other words, following to the letter laws first written by Islamic scholars more than 1,400 years ago. To achieve this goal, their members are willing to resort to murdering innocent civilians.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Referencepoint Pr Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781682824771
- ISBN: 1682824772
- Publication Year: 2018