The Unparalleled Adventure Of One Hans Phaall
Fiction. Hans Phaall, a bankrupt bellows-mender from Rotterdam, thinks up an ingenious scheme to escape from his dreary existence. He constructs a balloon that will carry him all the way to the moon. First published in 1835, when Poe was twenty-five years old and virtually unknown, the tale - much admired by Jules Verne - describes an extraordinary adventure in which Poe's learning and imagination form a hallucinatory mix of science and fiction. For that reason HANS PHAALL is looked upon by many as the first true science-fiction story.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Small Pr Distribution
- ISBN-13: 9789075342109
- ISBN: 9075342101
- Publication Year: 2001