The Thrust Plate Hip Prosthesis
As is probably the case with all successful innovations, the unique design of the thrust plate prosthesis (TPP) was not born of a sudden fancy for a radically different hip joint replacement, but emerged from elaborate biomechanical investigations on the loosening of conventional, intramedullarly anchored hip prosthesis shafts. In the 1970s, hip revisions due to loosening of the prostheses became a burden to patients not only physically and psychologically but also economically. This meant that it also became a matter of daily concern to the orthopaedic surgeon, who then had to cope with new, previously unknown problems. Loosening processes were de tected within 5 years of implantation in up to 25% of cases. While implant loosenings were considered to be the result of incorrect handling of materials, we felt that a number of details still had to be considered in regard to the behavior of the entire bone-prosthesis complex and the action of mechanical forces.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9783642644337
- ISBN: 3642644333
- Publication Year: 2011
- Edition: Reprint