The Summer Of Lost Things
New town, new friends, new guy . . . and an old bucket list. The past haunts the present in the newest installation in the Love, Lucas universe. After her dad is sentenced to prison time, seventeen-year-old Lucy Nelson and her mother move across the country to start over in the town-and farmhouse-where her mother grew up. Once settled, Lucy is determined to keep her mind off anything "real" and decides to pass the time by reading a stack of her mother's childhood books, which has sat in her grandmother's home for decades. When Lucy finds her mom's old summer bucket list shoved between the pages of a worn copy of Anne of Green Gables, she's eager to write her own list to escape her inevitable summer boredom. Feeling brave, she fills it with challenges she'd never normally do and also adds the one thing that her mother had never crossed off the original list: Visit Susan's grave. When Lucy befriends Mira and her handsome cousin, Jack, she begins to feel almost normal as they help check off her list. When she asks her mother about Susan, she refuses to talk about her. As Lucy falls for Jack, she yearns to tell him the truth about her dad and her old life but lies about everything instead. When her friends see through the lies and her mom reaches her breaking point over questions about Susan, Lucy must learn to trust her friends, try to bring peace to her mother, and to somehow find the courage to forgive her dad.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Clearwater Village
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Sky Pony
- ISBN-13: 9781510743816
- ISBN: 1510743812
- Publication Year: 2019