The Social And Economic Origins Of Monarchy In Jordan
"The Social and Economic Origins of Monarchy in Jordan endeavors to explain the resilience of the Hashemite monarchy in Jordan. In contrast to much of the existing literature, it seeks answers to the puzzle of the persistence of monarchical rule neither in the statecraft of the Hashemite monarchs, nor in the dynamics of their policies on the Palestinian issue. Instead, it focuses on the historical political economy of Trans-Jordan, locating the durability of Hashemite rule in the evolution of a monarchical social pact that exchanged loyalty for economic security and bound the peasants and pastoralists of the East Bank to the throne"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9780230108011
- ISBN: 0230108016
- Publication Year: 2013