The Simplest Words: A Storyteller's Journey
From one of Australia's greatest novelists comes this fine collection, a storyteller's journey. These short stories and essays, written over the last forty years, comprise an insightful and intelligent meditation on the life of the novelist and the culture of contemporary Australia. Personal and intimate as many of these pieces are, this collection forms a kind of assured autobiography, of the sort that only Alex Miller could write.Alex Miller's stories are told with a rare level of wisdom and profundity, engaging the intellect and the emotions simultaneously. Stories are, after all, in his blood.'Alex Miller has made an outstanding contribution to Australian literature and to our cultural and intellectual life.' Melbourne Prize for Literature Judges' Statement, 2012'Coal Creek is a triumph.' Tim Winton'Miller's voice is never more pure or more lovely than when he channels it through an instrument as artless as Bobby.' Geordie Williamson, The Monthly (on Coal Creek)'Alex Miller is a wonderful writer.' John Banville, author of The Sea'Alex Miller has an extraordinary ability to uncover the connections among people - individuals, races, nations.' Elizabeth Kostova, author of The Historian'A wonderful novel of stunning intricacy and great beauty.' Michael Ondaatje (on The Ancestor Game)
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Allen & Unwin
- ISBN-13: 9781760294052
- ISBN: 1760294055
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: Reprint