The Science Of Medical Technology: From Humble Syringes To Lifesaving Robots
Sometimes your body needs help getting better from an injury or illness. Medical technology can help find out what is wrong as well as cure what ails us. Today, tiny video cameras can be inserted into the body to see whats there and if someone loses a finger, a surgeon can reattach it using microsurgery under a powerful microscope. This fascinating guide to medical technology explores how robots are helping surgeons to perform operations, vaccines prevent deaths from disease, and various gadgets can help us check our diet and fitness levels. Features include funny and interesting illustrations; real-world science examples; side panels to tackle complex subject matter in a fun and relevant way; detailed glossary and more.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Grolier Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780531133934
- ISBN: 0531133931
- Publication Year: 2019