The Sailor Who Counted Wise
The sailor thought he had seen the inside of Hell in Vietnam when men slaughtered each other without pity. Later, as a First Officer of the cargo vessel, Sarah Star, Sam Provost often stared death in the face. As the mindlessly cruel sea rose up on it's wicked winds and tore at his ship and killed his crew, he had not really plundered the depth of human depravity until he was forced to go ashore and do battle with cunning company lawyers, rich robber barons and ruthless assassins. His merciless enemy in Nam and the man-killing sea seemed like child's play compared to men driven by their unbridled lust for raw power and money. He wasn't ready for the onslaught of agony hurled at him by the land-living creatures who hid their evil deeds behind the trees and under the rocks of laws seemingly fashioned by Dickensonian masters of deceit.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Author Solutions
- ISBN-13: 9781462053612
- ISBN: 1462053610
- Publication Year: 2011