The Routledge Student Guide To English Usage: A Guide To Academic Writing For Students
A guide to academic writing for students. The Routledge Student Guide to English Usage is an authoritative A-Z guide to key aspects of English usage. Covering approximately 4000 carefully selected words, the authors focus on groups of confusable words that sound alike, look alike or are frequently mixed up. Examples of good usage are drawn from corpora such as the British National Corpus and the Corpus of Contemporary American English. A substantial reference section is also provided with stylistic guidance on academic writing skills, email standards, punctuation and grammar tips. This is the essential reference text for all students
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis
- ISBN-13: 9781138933583
- ISBN: 1138933589
- Publication Year: 2016