The Pinball Compendium, 1930s 1960s
Pinball! From its inception in the 1930s, this unique form of entertainment has challenged and inspired millions of enthusiastic players and become the passion of countless collectors around the world. Illustrated with over 600 color photos, this exciting book chronicles the development of pinball machines from the 1930s through the late 1960s, featuring exclusive rare interviews with some of the greatest designers in the industry. Hundreds of pinball machines from Gottlieb, Bally, Genco, Williams, United, and other manufacturers are showcased -- including many never before published. The extensive text provides descriptions of the games, their special features, historical significance, release dates, and names of designers and artists. Current values are listed for each machine shown in the book. Pinball enthusiasts will also love the many stories featuring the thrill of the "Silver Ball." This is a wonderful reference tool and a tribute to all those who were part of the pinball machine's fascinating history.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Schiffer Pub Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780764315275
- ISBN: 0764315277
- Publication Year: 2002