The Physics, Clinical Measurement And Equipment Of Anaesthetic Practice
A good knowledge of physics, measurement and equipment is essential for practicing anaesthetists. The subject does, however, present considerable problems for many, few of whom have any background in physics. This book explains the physical principles and applications of physics in anaesthsia, covering the statistical methods that anaesthetists are required to understand. The book includes sections on equipment and safety in anaesthesia, and electrical safety.The book starts with mathematics, statistics and a basic physics background, not only to enhance the understanding for what follows in the book, but also because these basic sciences are fundamental to many other aspects of medical science. Areas which trainees find particularly troublesome, such as electricity and electrical safety, are discussed in detail.The book will also be of interest to trainee anaesthetics, operating department assistants, hospital based biomedical engineers and medical physicists, manufacturers' representatives and those involved in the manufacture, marketing and use of anaesthetic equipment.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780198508595
- ISBN: 019850859X
- Publication Year: 2005