The Perfume Of The Lady In Black
In The Perfume of the Lady in Black, Joseph Rouletabille, the young journalist turned detective, is once more pitted against his arch-enemy Frederic Larsan. The mysterious crime committed in the Square Tower again directly challenges the reader to find the correct solution - though to do so tests even Rouletabille's power of logic and deduction. But this is also a novel which - through its implicit accommodation of recent developments in the new science of psychoanalysis, particularly Freud's notion of the Oedipus complex - was even further ahead of its time than The Mystery of the Yellow Room. Without The Perfume of the Lady in Black, novels such as Robert Bloch's Psycho (and Alfred Hitchcock's film adaptation) would hardly have been possible.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Dedalus Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781910213278
- ISBN: 1910213276
- Publication Year: 2019