The Oxford English Dictionary: An A Z Presentation Of New Work In Progress Supplementing The Oxford English Dictionary
This is a series of three volumes supplementing the acclaimed Second Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. Each volume contains 3,000 new words and meanings presented in the style of the OED. These represent a variety of work-in-progress, covering words and meanings that have recently entered the language, as well as the results of further research on items already included in the Dictionary. With over 12,000 illustrative quotations showing the evolution of each word or meaning, these volumes are not only a testimony to the continual development of our living language, but also make compelling browsing.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780195214567
- ISBN: 0195214560
- Publication Year: 1998