The Old Boys: The American Elite And The Origins Of The Cia
First published in 1992, THE OLD BOYS provoked fits up and down the intelligence corridors of Washington. The book provided details, according to the CIA's own in-house summation, "not available eslewhere." Documentation on the attempts by Allen Dulles in 1945 to cover for his Nazi buisness friends while furitively endeavoring to buy up the I.G. Farben remnants for himself and a few insiders. The news that CIA policy-makers, both in Germany and inside the Agency were demonstrably KGB plnats and the extent to which key figures around the CIA jumped off the planning staff before the Bay of Pigs is explored in wonderful detail in this book. This is the book that taught the CIA it's history.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Tree Farm Books
- ISBN-13: 9780971066014
- ISBN: 0971066019
- Publication Year: 2001