The Music Of The Troubadours
After an overview of the troubadours' social and political milieu, Aubrey provides brief biographies of the 42 troubadours whose music survives and a detailed description of the four manuscripts that transmit this music. The overlapping roles of composers, singers, and scribes -- and their traditions in genre, versification, and poetic style -- are examined. Traits of individual composers and a broad chronological development of the music emerge. Exploring performance-practice issues, Aubrey helps modern performers bring these songs to life again.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Indiana Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780253332073
- ISBN: 0253332079
- Publication Year: 1996