The Marlowe Shakespeare Continuum: Christopher Marlowe, Thomas Nashe, And The Authorship Of Early Shakespeare And Anonymous Plays
In The Marlowe-Shakespeare Continuum, Donna N. Murphy demonstrates how Christopher Marlowe, sometimes in co-authorship with humorist Thomas Nashe, appears to have "become" Shakespeare on a linguistic basis. She documents a sharp, upward learning curve, with the initial penning of works she examines in the following chronological order: Caesar's Revenge, II Henry VI, The Taming of a Shrew, III Henry VI, Edward III, Titus Andronicus, Thomas of Woodstock, Romeo and Juliet, and I Henry IV, and separates certain plays into Marlowe and Nashe components. Those who read Murphy's book with an open mind are likely to find her work surprisingly convincing.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Scholars Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781443849883
- ISBN: 144384988X
- Publication Year: 2013