The Magical Carpenter Of Japan
by Rokujiuyen (1965)
Description: First Edition. First modern English edition. Features 70 full page illustrations by Hokusai. Translated by Frederick Victor Dickins. "...who does not love a fast-moving adventure story that has love-interest, the supernatural, and some wicked villains thrown in for good value? ...The Magical Carpenter of Japan was first published in 1808, but it was not until 1912 that it was translated and appeared in England in a limited edition of 550 copies, under the title The Story of a Hida Craftsman.". Published by Charles E. Tuttle Co. 1965 Near Fine Condition. Cover has a tear along the spine and is clipped on bottom corner, otherwise in extremely good condition. Cover is now protected by mylar.. In our Fort Wayne store. Dust jacket condition: Good Item Format: Hardback
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardback
- Date: 1965
- Listing Date: 03/15/2019
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A