The Mad And The Bad: Boxing Tales Of Murder, Madness And Mayhem
From the present day back to the bareknuckle era and the 18th-century prize ring, boxing has always had its wacky warriors and masters of menace. All these larger-than-life characters had one thing in common - talent in abundance. Some used it, others wasted it. Many big-draw fighters were born on the wrong side of the tracks, while others seemingly made a beeline for oblivion. Eight-times married conman Kid McCoy took his own life. The fearless Stanley Ketchel was shot dead by a jealous farm worker. The enigmatic Battling Siki used to parade a lioness down the boulevards of Paris, while the unpredictable Chris Eubank enraged the establishment with his eccentric lifestyle. Mean and moody Sonny Liston died in mysterious circumstances. The brilliant Aaron Pryor fell victim to America's drug culture. Roberto Duran once knocked over a horse in anger, while beer-guzzling Tony Galento threatened to 'moider da bums'. Here, Thomas Myler brilliantly brings to life all these and many more unforgettable fighters.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pitch Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781785313950
- ISBN: 1785313959
- Publication Year: 2018