The Little Oxford Guide To English Usage
Based on the highly successful second edition of the Oxford Guide to English Usage, this newLittle Oxford Guide to English Usage offers the same valued information in a handy, compact format. Here is an essential guide to good English that takes the user clearly and easily through each aspect of writing and speaking English, with copious examples drawn from the works of the best writers. Have you ever had doubts about when to hyphenate two words? Confused over whether you shoulddisassociate or dissociate yourself from something? Do you know when to spelldoggie as doggy? Is it really a rule that a preposition should never fall at the end of a sentence?The Little Oxford Guide to English Usage answers these questions and more, and it also includes advice on spelling, punctuation, pronunciation, and difficult and misused words. Designed for daily use, this marvelous handbook is organized according to basic themes (Word Formation, Pronunciation, Vocabulary, Grammar) and written to address the actual needs of a typical writer. Now there's a single, convenient, and eminently portable source you can turn to with all your questions about how to speak and write more clearly.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Brackenridge Park
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780198613015
- ISBN: 0198613016
- Publication Year: 1995