The Lion Hotel
Readers are transported to the historical town of Shrewsbury. The Lion Hotel provides the setting for a story in which a detective's daughter is wrongly accused of a crime. One might have expected her father, Inspector Horace no less, to have easily been able to prove her innocence, but things never quite work out that way when you are a teenager. Fortunately, Florence is quite capable of remaining one step ahead of her father and the hotel staff.Florence's predicament begins, in her mind, when she exclaims, 'Father, I think we're stuck. We're not supposed to be in the same section of the revolving door, ' and ends with her reflecting upon a set of circumstances.During their time at the hotel, the family encounter all sorts of strange behaviour, including that shown by a waiter obsessed with Charles Dickens, who makes himself a suspect too.Philip Jones's refreshingly different writing style combines history with witty and engaging dialogue to bring the characters to life and allow the reader to imagine the whole situation unravelling in front of them.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Austin Macauley
- ISBN-13: 9781788231381
- ISBN: 1788231384
- Publication Year: 2021