The Laugh Out Loud Cats Sell Out
Adam Koford's The Laugh-Out-Loud Cats Sell Out is a hilarious and charming mash-up of LOLcats (those ubiquitous online photos of cats, captioned humorously and ungrammatically) with the stylings of early 20th-century American comics, such as Walt Kelly's Pogo and George Herriman's Krazy Kat. These single-panel comic strips, drawn on "vintage" off-white paper and purportedly created around 1912 by Koford's great-grandfather, Aloysius "Gorilla" Koford, allow familiar jokes, plus references to Proust, Star Wars, Lovecraft, classical mythology, and everything in between, to transcend their origins in a fresh, inventive way.The Laugh-Out-Loud Cats Sell Out presents the very best of Koford's online archives, alongside 30 new comics produced exclusively for this collection. An introduction by bestselling author and Daily Show correspondent John Hodgman, whose "700 Hoboes" project inspired Koford to create The Laugh-Out- Loud Cats, frames the strips for both the longtime fan and the LOLinitiate.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Humble
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harry N Abrams Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780810995710
- ISBN: 0810995719
- Publication Year: 2009