The Grip Book: The Studio Grip's Essential Guide
"Master classic and cutting-edge Foley techniques that will allow you to create rich, convincing sound for any medium, be it film, television, radio, podcasts, animation, or games.In The Foley Grail, Second Edition, award-winning Foley artist Vanessa Theme Ament teaches you how Foley is designed, crafted, and edited for any project, right down to the nuts and bolts of spotting, cueing, and performing sounds. Various renowned sound artists provide a treasure trove of shortcuts, hot tips, and other tricks of the trade.This new edition features: - Entirely new chapters dedicated to Foley in games, television, broadcasting, and animation, as well as what is new in sound for media education - All new sound "recipes" that include proven Foley methods you canimmediately use on your own projects - New case studies from well-known films, shows, games, and animations - Interviews with current sound artists from across the globe - An extensive companion website (www.focalpress.com/cw/ament) featuring video demonstrations of Foley artists at work, video tutorials of specific Foley techniques, lectures from the author, teaching aids, and much more Dont miss out! The Foley Grail, Second Edition provides the tools you need to produce vibrant, realistic soundcapes that will lift your media projects to the next level"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Focal Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780415842372
- ISBN: 0415842379
- Publication Year: 2013
- Edition: 5 PAP/PSC