The Glory Of The Empires 1880 1914: The Illustrated History Of The Uniforms And Traditions Of Britain, France, Germany, Russia And The United States
During the period 1880–1914, the soldiers of the great empires of Britain, France, Germany, Russia, and the United States were dressed in a rainbow of colors. Bedecked in elaborate helmets, with ornate weapons and finery, their uniforms represented centuries of regimental history and tradition, and often bore reminders of famous victories and heroic last stands. This book is the definitive study of every regimental uniform in the five empires, including those of the colonies of India, the Philippines, and North Africa. It explains the history behind sartorial peculiarities—such as why the Russian 15th Hussars wore a bright pink uniform and the Wiltshire Regiment had dents on their buttons—and reveals the lives and service experiences of the men who served. This book will be used as both a one-stop reference work and as a brief narrative history of the period.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Spellmount Ltd Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780752486345
- ISBN: 0752486349
- Publication Year: 2018