The Girl And The Goddess: Stories And Poems Of Divine Wisdom
Bestselling poet, writer, and Instagram sensation Nikita Gill returns with a collection of poetry and prose exploring Hindu mythology and legend. With her signature prose and striking verse, beloved poet Nikita Gill draws from the myriad of gods and goddesses of Hindu mythology to explore the striking complexity and rich diversity of its most powerful deities. We'll meet Kali, the goddess of death and time who is also a strong mother figure; Saraswati, the goddess of learning, without whom we are only chaos and confusion; Parvati, goddess of love, power, and renewal, who can embody many forms when her emotions overtake her. As Gill masterfully reimagines these deities that have shaped, and shaken, our world, readers will be asked to question and interrogate their own traditional views and expectations, and will encounter a version of beloved myths unlike any they've seen before. Complete with beautiful hand-drawn illustrations, these pieces weave old and forgotten tales of might and love into an empowering collection for the modern woman.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Trade Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Mesa
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons
- ISBN-13: 9780593085660
- ISBN: 0593085663
- Publication Year: 2020