The Fleas Siphonaptera Of Fennoscandia And Denmark
This book is the first comprehensive account on the flea fauna of Fennoscandia and Denmark. Totally 89 species/subspecies are treated, of which 69 have been found in the region. The remaining species are known from neighboring areas and may turn up. The introductory part gives a brief historical overview of the earliest literature on fleas and a more detailed account of the Scandinavian literature up to the present. This is followed by a discussion of flea-host associations in relation to distribution in a general and Scandinavian perspective. Other chapters deal with life history, medical importance, morphology and collecting/preservation of fleas, and are followed by a flea-host index.The systematic part, amply illustrated with Frans Smit's line drawings, provides identification keys to adult fleas from superfamily to subspecies. For each species/subspecies relevant available information on synonymy, identification, distribution, host relations and biology is given. The book concludes with a summary of the provincial distribution of fleas in Fennoscandia and Denmark, a bibliography and a taxonomic name index.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Brill Academic Pub
- ISBN-13: 9789004151512
- ISBN: 9004151516
- Publication Year: 2007
- Edition: 1