The First Violin
"The First Violin" is an intriguing and highly emotional play, in five Acts. It offers unique insight into the everyday lives of normal, hard-working Italian immigrants, living in New York City during the late 1950's. Fourteen-year-old Salvatore de Salvo, the eldest son of the family, is blessed with a precious and rare gift - he is a musical prodigy - who has a love of the violin. His talent offers him, as well as his whole family, a glimpse at a life that none of them ever imagined existed, let alone be part of. The dialogue is familiar and realistic, as could only come from an author who personally grew up and lived immersed in, and surrounded by, that culture and ethnicity. "The First Violin" is guaranteed to make you laugh, and to make you cry. It is a memorable work offering incredible vignettes that can be enjoyed by all ages. It is a timeless and unforgettable play that will touch your heartstrings.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Authorhouse
- ISBN-13: 9781434388407
- ISBN: 1434388409
- Publication Year: 2008