The First Part Of Symboleographie: Which May Be Termed, The Art, Or Description, Of Instruments And Presidents. First Collected By William West Of The Inner Temple Esquire?
West, William. The First Part of Symboleographie. Which May be Termed, The Art, or Description, of Instruments and Presidents. First Collected by William West of the Inner Temple Esquire. And since augmented with divers new presidents formerly printed. London: Printed by Miles Flesher, 1647. pp. Reprint available March 2008 by The Lawbook Exchange, Ltd. ISBN-13: 978-1-58477-872-1. ISBN-10: 1-58477-872-5. Cloth. $180.* One of the earliest English texts that addresses conveyancing, it was first published in 1590 and 1594. It is a general practical treatise on English law under its several divisions, and was held in great esteem at the time. The demand for it was so great that West immediately began to prepare a second edition, practically rewriting the whole book." Marvin adds: "West's Symboleography has always been esteemed a book of authority...and contains not only precedents in conveyancing, but of indictments, and of proceedings in chancery.": Legal Bibliography (1847) 726.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lawbook Exchange Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781584778721
- ISBN: 1584778725
- Publication Year: 2008
- Edition: Reprint