The Eventful History Of The Mutiny And Piratical Seizure Of H.M.S. Bounty: Its Cause And Consequences
The Eventful History of the Mutiny and Piratical Seizure of H.M.S. Bounty: Its Cause and Consequences (1831) by Sir John Barrow is considered the classic account of the mutiny on the Bounty. It includes a description of the island of Tahiti, and a narrative of events from the embarkation of the Bounty in 1787 through to the trial of some of the mutineers in 1792 and the survival of others on Pitcairn Island. The story is told through the medium of the original documents in the case, which Barrow critically evaluates.It was first published in 1831 by John Murray as the 25th volume in their Family Library series. An American edition followed under the title A Description of Pitcairn's island and its Inhabitants: With an Authentic Account of the Mutiny of the Ship Bounty, and of the Subsequent Fortunes of the Mutineers (New York: Harper, 1832). The many later reissues include a 1936 Oxford World's Classics edition.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781480212718
- ISBN: 1480212717
- Publication Year: 2012