The Environmental Dimension Of Asian Security: Conflict And Cooperation Over Energy, Resources, And Pollution
Northeast Asia is a region with highly disparate levels of industrialization and political systems. It also contains some very troubling security flashpoints the Taiwan Strait, the Korean Peninsula, and the East China Sea. China s rapacious quest for energy and rapid industrial expansion have led to intense international competition with Japan and the United States and internal instability as well. North Korea poses two distinct environmental security threats: famine refugees and the regime s use of nuclear blackmail for subsidized energy. Yet there is very little regional cooperation, despite the need to manage disputes over energy, natural resources, and pervasive pollution. The Environmental Dimension of Asian Security examines these issues through a regional environmental security complex that explores the potential for greater intersubjective understandings of regional environmental and natural resource problems and greater institutional collaboration and management."
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: United States Inst of Peace Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781929223732
- ISBN: 1929223730
- Publication Year: 2007