The Empty Hearth
This family saga, packed with dark secrets, from Sunday Times bestseller Kitty Neale, will tug at the heartstrings. Millie Pratchett's life is not an easy one. Her dad, coalman Alfie, is a bully, and his vicious temper dominates their small terraced house in Battersea. His teenage children, handsome John and ugly-duckling Millie, have learnt to dodge his moods but Millie lives in fear for her mother, Eileen. When Alfie's tyranny forces Eileen into an impossible position, a crisis erupts. The Pratchetts' old life collapses around them and a new, darker future looms. But people are not always what they seem; could Millie turn out to be far stronger and more resilient than anyone could have imagined ? Perfect for fans of Nadine Dorries and Katie Flynn, this is an emotional family saga from the Sunday Times bestselling author of A Mother's Sacrifice and A Family Scandal.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Orion Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9781409178774
- ISBN: 1409178773
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: Reprint