The Emergence Of Latin America In The Nineteenth Century
This lively and accessible text on the period of independence (the nineteenth century) covering all the major countries of Latin America has become the standard work in the field. David Bushnell and Neill Macaulay focus on the preliminary experiments in nation-building throughout Latin America in this critical era and explore the attempts by most leaders to adopt a liberal mode of both socioeconomic and political development. For the second edition, the authors have added new material based on recently published research and augmented references to areas of special contemporary interest - racim, women and the environment. The bibliography also has been updated.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780195084016
- ISBN: 0195084012
- Publication Year: 1994
- Edition: 2 SUB